Diet and Anxiety
Anxiety is very common, with up to 20% of the population suffering from anxiety at some point in their lives.
What you eat affects how you feel.
Diet does not cause anxiety, but healthy eating has been shown to improve the symptoms.
Foods to Avoid:
Foods to Choose:
Along with changes in your diet, it is recommended that you:
- Take regular exercise, around 30 minutes each day like walking, cycling or yoga
- Improve sleeping habits like regular bedtime and screen free time
- Stress reduction techniques like meditation, deep breathing, having fun
- A good support system of people you can talk to
- Seek counselling and medication if necessary